Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 4 - Brownsville, TX

So it has definitely been hot and humid here. We just make sure that we drink a lot of water. I got a backpack today at Academy. I havent heard anything about visas either. Elder White told me that his mom sent him an email and said that over 200 missionaries were waiting for visas for Argentina. Also that he has heard rumors that its kind of shutting down because its so hard to get the missionaries visas. The day I got to McAllen, they were sending a missionary out to Argentina. He had been here for two transfers. I guess there are some who have been here longer than that and still dont have a visa. So we will see what happens.

I got vacuum bags here in Texas, they would help with room. I will do my best with what I can do whenever I might need to get up and go. I have not met the Pres. and his wife yet. We will probably find out this week when he will be around to see everyone. Its crazy that I am starting my fifth week here. I am so excited, this last week we saw a few miracles. And for the month of July the mission got 106 baptisms. I guess thats the first time since November of 2011 that it has been over 100.

Um, I cant thing of anything new this week or that was exciting. Just still trying to speak Spanish and working the best I can. But I miss all of you! I will see you next week. I love you!

Elder Dawson

This is a different library that we have been to and so it wont let me send some pictures. I will next week.