Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 7 - Brownsville, TX

Things are going pretty great. I am having a lot of fun. Yeah it has been pretty hot still! We got a good bout of rain this week. Not anything to bad. I have heard that it is supposed to be getting super super hot soon. Like for 40 days straight its going to be in the 100's+ with super high humidity. I thing they call it the Cubicula or something like that.

Thats so cool that Logan went to the temple. I am so excited for him. I think he will probably be going to the Provo MTC. or at least not Brazil yet. I dont know. (Editors note:  Alec’s cousin, Logan, was called to the Brazil, Florianopolis Mission. He received his visa on August 8 and left August 14 for the Sao Paulo MTC).

I havent heard anything on my visa yet either. Still just waiting. Aunt Wendy sent an email saying that Ben was transferred (Editors Note:  Alec’s cousin, Ben, was transferred from Benton, AR, to Humbolt, TN). I told her that I need to write him or something. It just stinks that I can only write on Mondays and even then things are still pretty busy. That is super awesome that Van and Wendy are going too. (Editors Note:  My sister, Wendy and her husband Van were called to the Washington Tacoma Mission to serve a one-year mission as office assistants at the mission home). That would be a lot of fun.

So yes I am now in another trio and also still in Brownsville. Elder Torres is still one of them. And the other one is Elder Guillette, like the razors. He has been out for 10 months. He is from Idaho. I like him a lot. And yes I met the new President. They are from Chili. He speaks, Spanish, English, Portuguese, and French. I dont think his wife speaks English but I dont know. They are really cool though. They have 4 children here with them. One son is on a mission right now. And a daughter is at BYU I think. I think that is all of their kids.

I havent heard to much about the new dress code. I dont know how it will affect us with the side bags. I wouldnt expect it to because it seems that its just not professional looking to wear backpacks with suits. But we only wear suits on Sundays for church. All other times we are in our white shirts. We havent heard about any changes in the mission so far.

So I guess you got my package from the email you just sent. I hope you all like them. (Editors note:  Alec sent a box of ties for his brothers and cousins. It included a list with each persons name and a description of which tie goes to that person).

I really dont have much to say about investigators because we pretty much just dropped all of them this week because none were making much progress. They werent coming to church and doing the things that they need to do! Well I have to go. I am out of time. I will see you next week. I hope you have a great week. I love you!

-Elder Dawson