Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 17 - JuJuy

July 28, 2014

Como les fue la semana? Que tal es Utah?

I knew that Rick served in Salta. He told me the last time I saw him. In all of the areas there are sheets of names of missionaries. When they went into the area and when they left. They can date back to a long time ago. I was wondering if I would ever see his name but I couldnt remember it so I didnt know. That is really cool that he served there in Frias! I wouldnt be surprised if some of the people remembered him.

So the pictures, these were the pictures that we took on Sunday the day of the world cup final match. Everybody was in their houses. All of the streets were empty. The one elder decided to lay down on the road to show that nothing would happen because nobody was outside. 





Some random kid.

The branch was big. It was about a foot around or so. It took a while. But we did it. I dont have any scabs or anything from hitting the fence. Nothing actually broke skin. Just hit me good. But this last week we went back over and finished cutting down the tree. We pulled the rest of the trunk down and then started chopping it up into pieces. We didnt get it all done so we are going back again this coming week. It is a lot of fun doing it. It makes me want to finish cutting down all of the pine trees back at home when I get back. 

I have a doctors appointment for next week on Monday morning with a Neurologist. I havent had any other problems so I think everything will be fine. We will see what happens. I will probably be getting a cat scan. :) woohoo.

I am glad that you are all having a good time in Utah. 

This week we had lunch every single day. It was great! haha we usually dont have lunch maybe one or two times a week. But its all good. I love this place. We also had transfers today. Elder Schellenberg left to Tucumán. My new companion is Elder Contreras. He is from Chile. Just right next door. He has 9 months in the mission. So that means that I am senior comp now. Frick! haha no. I am way excited to work with him for this next transfer. I hope to learn much from him and to be able to have some great success. 

Espero que su semana les esté bien. Que tengan un buen tiempo en Utah. No sé cuando van a salir. Saludos a todos. Les extraño mucho. Les quiero un montón.  

How is Daniel doing? What is he going to be doing about a mission?

Also, Andrew, have you started papers yet?

Hasta Luego, 

Elder Alec Dawson