Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Week 4 - Jujuy

Monday, April 21, 2014

Buenas Tardes! 

Como andan? Que tal es su día? 

So I am in a branch. There are about 100 members give or take. I think a little bit less. Recently we have been going through the directory of the church to contact everybody on it. We still going looking for and contacting the referrals that we get. It is a huge area and there are a lot of people. We are struggling a little in our area. We dont have steady investigators. Some are progressing and some are not. We have to constantly try and find. Its a lot harder here. The people are a little less receptive to the gospel I think. But I was in a tiny little dot on the map before in Frias. So now I am in a really big city. There are two zones here in Jujuy. Probably about 50 or so missionaries in total. Our district meetings are here. Sometimes we go to our building or others times we have to go to other buildings. 

Thats super weird that Jessica is going to get married. I havent seen her in a long time and the next time I see her she will be married. 

I dont remember a whole lot about what happened this week. Last Monday we made epenadas there in the apartment. And during the week we made dulce de leche. They were all super good. I cant wait to make it at home. You guys will like it all. Today we are making 300 cookies to give to the members here. 

But this week I have been studying in PMG chapter 4 and 6. I have been learning a good bit about the spirit and the important role it has in this work, in my life, and in everyones life. I also studied a lot about faith. There are a lot of things that I have to do to become better in every way. 

So I will try and see if I can send some more pictures I am not sure if I will be able too.   

I love you guys a lot. Its about 4 weeks until I talk to you again. It will probably be on Skype again.

This week on the 24th I reach one year in the mission. It has passed by so fast and I still feel like I have a ton to go. But I am so happy I am here and have this time to serve the Lord and to have happiness and joy in my life as I help those that I come to love here. I am forever grateful for this opportunity. Thank you for your love and support. I probably wouldnt be here without you all. 

Les amo un montón. Espero que tengan una buena semana! Hasta luego!

Elder Dawson