Monday, November 25, 2013

Week 7 - Frias

This week was a good week. Pretty interesting too. 7 months gone and 17 more to go. Its going to go by fast. I feel like it wont be enough time. haha
The [Youth] Activity sounded fun. All the sandwiches and food. I miss a lot of the food back home but I like the food here also. I am glad Sean knew the answer.[Editor's Note:  At last week's mutual activity, the youth had a cooking competition. There was a tie for first place and a member from each team had to answer a tie-breaking question which was, "How many cups are in a pint?"].  The other day I was making some Jello and I needed to know that too. I had to translate from spanish, figure out what it was in english then put it back in spanish. It took like 5-10 minutes. 
We havent talked to anybody about the Skype. I am sure we will find out a little later. I will be able to let you know before though. 
The highlight for this week happened yesterday morning. We were walking to a Part Members house to have a lesson with them. We came up to the street and the PM´s son was on the corner with his GF [girl friend], the neighbor. We said hey and shook hands and told him we were going to his house and to join us. He said okay. Things didnt look to good between him and his GF when we walked up. We went to their house sat down and talked for a little then pulled out scriptures and were about to have a prayer when there was a bunch of commotion and yelling outside. Come to find out that BF and GF were fighting. I guess they were hitting each other. About 5 min later the whole family walked in and started to sit down but then the GF comes storming into the house. This girl is a big girl. She is as tall as me and big. The BF was in the hallway and she was trying to get back there. The Dad was at work. It was only the mom and the kids. The Mom is pretty small and the kids are about 13, 12, and 8. The BF is about 17. But it took the whole family to stop her from getting in the hallway without the help of BF. As missionaries we really couldnt do anything and get involved. After about 10 mintues the GF left and went around the house to get in the window but then she came back around. The GF´s mom came and was trying to hold her back from going into the house but couldnt do it. She got back in and everybody was at the entrance to the hallway. The mom was sick and it was hot and the whole struggle made her feel worse. She almost passed out but they got her into a chair. For this everybody was crying and freaking out. Then the GF went outside and grabbed a rock, about the length and half the 3/4 the width of the computer in the computer room, and threatened to throw it. Then I finally stepped in and stood in the way. I wasnt going to let her throw that thing. She was relentless. She finally put it down but tried to go in the hallway again.

Finally the cops came, about 5 or 6 of them and everybody went outside and talked. Apparently the BF stole about 50 pesos or something which is I think around 6 dollars or so. The cops took the BF away to take him to his uncles house across town so they wouldnt fight anymore. When the cops were leaving the GF was trying to get at the BF again. The cops were covering him up and pushing her away. After about 30-45 minutes or so it was all over.

We finally sat down, shared a quick scripture, gave the Mom a blessing and then went to the neighbors house and gave the other mom a Blessing of health also. Then we left back to our appartment. Itwas a crazy situation. I hadnt experienced anything like that before at least from what I can remember. 
But anyway thats mainly about my week. I am going to try to send a couple pictures. I hope you have a great week!!! I love you!
Elder Dawson