Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Week 20 - JuJuy

Monday, August 18, 2014

So it has been a pretty hard week for me! The work has been hard. It has been difficult this last week to enter in the houses and find new investigators. But we do have a couple people that we are working with that can be baptized. One is a lady named Sara that first met the missionaries in 2010. She is doing great and set a baptismal date for herself for the 6th of September. We talked to another kid who is 19. His name is Ezekuiel. He could be a possible baptism for the 30th of this month. He is thinking about it.

So I will be getting the MRI on Friday this week. Then probably the next week I will be getting the results. I am not sure.

So last week when we talked [Skype on August 11] afterwards I went to play soccer! It was super fun! The missionaries played against all Latinos. Tres Gringos y un Chileno contra cuatro latinos. We started off beating them 3 to 0. We were amazed at ourselves because it was a miracle that we were winning against them. Then it went to 4 to 1. Then all of a sudden to 6 to 9. We were playing to 10. They finally just started kicking our butts. Then miraculously we scored three lucky goals and won the game! We were so proud of ourselves. We definitely should have lost. People here are really good at soccer. 

Today I was also playing soccer. A kid kicked my finger.....It might be broken or its just dislocated. It was bent to a 45 degree angle and then I just snapped it back in place. It made a snapping sound. Its swollen right now. But we are going to the hospital to get it checked out in a little bit.

I am really thankful for you guys and that I have you as my family. I love you all and thank you for everything you all have ever done for me! I know that our Father in Heaven loves each and every one of his children and his willing to help us with anything as well. I am really grateful that I have this opportunity to be here and to serve Him. I am thankful for His support and all the support that you have all given me. It is my dream to see Andrew, Sean, and Jared leaving on a mission and coming back two years later! I love this work, I love Christ’s Church, and I love Him!

I have pretty much written this email with 6 fingers. All the rest I have wrapped up right now! haha

Espero que todos tengan una buena semana! Andrew prepárete para la misión! 
Les amo! Besos! :)  [I hope everyone has a good week! Andrew prepare for mission!
I love you! Kisses! :)]

Elder Alec Dawson