Friday, September 19, 2014

Week 1 - Tucuman

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

So has been the craziest two weeks of my entire mission. 

Mom, I will answer your questions first. 

My bus ride from Jujuy to Tucuman was about 6 hours. We were going to leave at 7:30 on Monday morning but we werent able to so we left on another bus at 12:30. We got in Tucuman at 6:30. I didnt have a Pday. Tuesday I wrote you. I traveled with 3 other missionaries. I am the district leader of 4 sister missionaries and my comp. I pretty much just have to be an example, and help them with what they need so that they can have success and baptize their investigators. 

I live with 2 other missionaries. The church is in the middle of the block of General Paz y Moreno. 

So I had a good first week. My companion is Elder Hampton, he lives in California and just finished 2 transfers in the mission field. We started working in our area. I live outside of my area so I have to walk a ways to get there. On Saturday we had a baptism. A guy named Miguel Gimenez. He is a great guy. Right after the baptism on Saturday we got a call from the Zone Leaders. They told me that I was going to go on a trip with my companion and a couple of other missionaries to try out some visa stuff. 

Sunday morning at 7 am we were in the Bus station. We left there and traveled 9 hours to Cordoba. We got there at about 5 or so. We went to the mission offices in Cordoba and ate dinner, meet up with other missionaries (one of them was also in my zone in the MTC) and we also took pictures of the Temple in Cordoba which is right behind the mission offices. It was super awesome. Then we all got back on another bus and traveled for about 10 or so hours to Mendoza. We went to the mission offices there and ate breakfast, then got some more missionaries and left again. We traveled about 6 more hours. Guess where we went! We traveled through the Andes Mountains and went to Chile!!! The border crossing was in the middle of the Andes Mountains. I crossed at a place called Cristo Redentor ( if you want to search for it). While there WE HAD A SNOWBALL FIGHT IN THE ANDES MOUNTAINS!!!!! THAT´S SUPER STINKIN LOCOOOO!!!! We went into Chile and ate dinner later that night and started heading back. On the way back for some reason in Cordoba a cop gave the bus a ticket. ha but its good. I got back to my area at 8 this morning on Wednesday. Then my companion got a call from the assistants and told him that he is going to Salta to be the mission secretary. So he left at 1:10 today. I am now with a mini missionary and he will be with me for the rest of the transfer. For 5 more weeks. So I have a total of 5 days in my new area. I am excited, and we will see how it goes...

But I took a ton of pictures. Mostly of the mountains and of missionaries sleeping. ha But I also have some money from Chile also. So yeah… thats my week. Well the first half of my second week here. 

I hope that you all have a great week. I will see you next week. 

Elder Alec Dawson