Thursday, March 13, 2014

Week 22 - Frias

Monday, March 10, 2014

Buenas Tardes! 

Como estan? Estoy feliz que tuvieron una buena semana! 

Its interesting to hear about all of the changes that have been happening back home. It sounds like there are a ton of church activity going on. It will be interesting to see how the ward is when I return. 

So yes we have been able to go and visit with Claudia more. She is doing a lot better. Still a little bit sad but she is doing a lot better. We are working with them a lot. She is a super great person. 

I have zone conference tomorrow. Usually when we have district meetings it is every two weeks but sometimes we aren´t able to do it because we will be doing other things or its not worth the trip of 3 hours there and 3 hours back. But we usually try to do it when we can. I dont know anything about the mission. I am at the very last area. Three hours away from anyone. I will learn a whole lot more when I go to a different area. 

Alright, so here is my week!

Monday we started out not to well. We weren´t able to really get anything done. We walked a lot. 

Tuesday we were able to do a little bit. We had only two lessons the whole day but we were able to find five new people to teach. For lunch we ate with the Ballespín family. We had steaks and pig. Just slabs of meat, with a salad and bread. The pig was super good! Then that night at eight we had to travel to Santiago because my companion was going to travel to Salta again. When we arrived we got a call from the secretary that he won´t need to go because they lost one of his papers and it will just be a waste of time. So we stayed that night with our district leader Elder Santa Maria and Elder Purser who is from my group. He was also with me in the other mission [Texas McAllen]. 

Wednesday we arrived back in our area at three in the afternoon. We have a good day of working. We were able to have a number of lessons with some people, we received some referrals, found a couple others to teach. It was a good day.

Thursday was alright. We did weekly planning all day and for lunch we ate hotdogs with guacamolé with Pepsi! Yum Yum!

Friday we worked a ton! Had some really good lessons. We received a bunch of referrals and contacted all of them. We found some new investigators. We set a couple baptismal dates, and we had some LARC [less active recent convert] lessons. It was a great day.

Saturday! Woohoo! Baptism of Debora Moya! She is also the sister of Claudia. But she got baptized and she was excited for it. Some of her family members came for her baptismal service. It was really great.  

Sunday was interesting. So it got pretty hot yesterday and in the morning I started to feel a little sick. My stomach hurt but it wasn´t bad. I ate KiPi (thats not how it is spelled but that would be how its pronounced) and it was really good. Then in the afternoon we worked and went around to visit a couple people before church at six. We contacted a person and later we left and were walking down the street. I walked to the side of the street and threw up three times. Once we went out to work I felt bad. At church afterwards I threw up three more times. My companion said I looked completely yellow. During church a storm came through super fast. It didnt rain but there was a ton of lightning. That also a reason for why a bunch of people didnt come to church. We only have two investigators there and also Debora was confirmed which was good. But in the night I felt a lot better. 

And right now I am doing fine. I dont have any problems. Just need to make sure that I keep drinking enough water.

Well I will talk to you all next week. Tengan una buena semana! Les amo mucho! Chao!

Elder Dawson