Thursday, January 23, 2014

Week 15 - Frias

Monday, January 20, 2014
I will start with your questions. 
·  Yes, I bought some clippers today. Before my other companion had them. I made a mistake though. I forgot to put the protector back on after I cleaned some hair off today and I shaved a little extra of my hair off... :) but its not bad.
·  Yes we get all of our emails from the mission [home] on Mondays. 
·  Yes I am still taking photos. I will try sending them again sometime when I have a little bit more time. Its hard to find a little extra time.
·   For responsibilities, we help Pres. [Branch President] with whatever he needs: Give classes, and talks if we need to. We do tithing. Its not a whole lot.

I wish that we had a little cooler weather. The only cool weather that we get is when there is a storm. If it lasts for at least a day. If not it usually is super humid. 
I will start with my week now. 
This week we had Zone Meeting in Santiago. Afterwards we left at 4.30 [pm] and arrived back in our area at about 7 [pm]. It was a bus ride that was hot and long. This time I went back to our area with another missionary for exchanges. His name is Elder Casanova, from the same state at my companion in Mexico. He has one month in the mission. Has a lot to learn about mission work ;) haha.
Wednesday night Elder Ramirez and Elder Santa Maria traveled to Frias to end the exchange. They stayed in the apartment for the night and then left early in the morning. That night we all ate facturas, which are like, I dont know how to explain it. Look it up :) They are super good.
This week the Z Family left out of town for a family trip for 10 days :´( They told us that they are going to continue reading and studying the church Sunday school pamphlet. I cannot wait until they get back! I love and miss that family. We are also teaching another family that is pretty big. Like 9 or so. But we are only talking to about 6 of them. Including a boyfriend of one of the girls. They are a cool family and like us. I made eggnog this week :D  Oh man it was so dang good!  I made it two times!!! haha  I have missed eggnog so much. I dont remember if I told you but I also made deviled eggs a while back. They were alright. Not like the ones at home. 
This week a house in our area was set on fire. I guess it was a guy that got mad at his wife and set his house of fire with him, his wife, and his baby all inside. The baby is still alive, last we heard; but the couple have died. We actually happened to walk by when it was burning. There was a lot of people but nobody knew that people were inside. 
At the church we had eight investigators come. It was a good meeting. And definitely good for the people that came so that they can prepare even more to be baptized. Saturday we had the baptism of Pablo. He is the son of Claudia which is one of my converts. Its a good family. Claudia, Eliana and Pablo are now members. We confirmed him in Sacrament Meeting. 
There is my week. I have to go. Out of time. I hope you all have a great week. I love you all!!!!
Elder Alec Dawson