Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week 14 - Frias

Monday, January 13, 2014

So first I will start out answering your questions.

Frias is pronounced like Free-us. Elder Ramirez lives in the state Sanora or something like that. He lives about 5-10 minutes from the ocean that comes up between Mexico and the California-Mexico part. At the top of that part. My shoes are fine, they dont need to be fixed or anything; and yes there are plenty of places that can fix them if I will need too. Yes I can buy sunscreen here. I just recently started using it. 

That is weird about the weather. This last week many people have been telling us that the U.S. is super super cold. They are saying -50 below zero. I dont know if that is in F° or C°. But that people have been found frozen to death and its just abnormally cold.

So, I will try to remember what I did this last week. I need to start writing stuff down again to remember. I keep forgetting. But we have had lessons with the Zingales family. They are super cool. We talked about the plan of salvation, well they pretty much taught the lesson to us again. They read the pamphlets and just take everything in. It all makes sense to them. Yesterday for the second time they came to church, and really enjoyed it. They all participated in the classes and the members think that they are great. He has study materials from the church and they study that in preparation for church. He has even gone on the internet and studied stuff and obviously saw what other people say about the church but he didnt care. He loves us, he has invited us to stay the night at his house if we ever needed to, swim in their pool if we feel like taking a break, and we are going to eat and their house with them soon. But they are a cool family. 

The cool thing is that yesterday at church we had 11 investigators come. It was a fourth of the whole attendance of 45 people. We were excited and the members are getting a little more excited too. 
That is pretty much about all I can remember. I will do better this week to write stuff down. 

But anyway, I will see you again next week. I love you all and hope you have a good week. Love you!!!

Elder Alec Dawson