Saturday, May 4, 2013

Week 2 - MTC

April 27-28, 2013

(Hand written letter from Alec – postmarked 4/30/13 – received 5/04/13?) 

Madre y Padre y Hermanos,

I am having a great time in the MTC.  I love it so much.  There are three people in my companionship:  Me, Elder White and Elder Hyer.  ElderWhite is from Cedar City and Elder Hyer is from Washington State by Moses Lake.  They are a lot of fun.


In my district there are 5 Elders and 4 Hermanas.  Elder Sheumaker (sounds like shoe mocker) and Elder Jackson are the other two Elders.  They are pretty cool too.  Hermana Hillstead, Hermana Newman, Hermana Tanner, Hermana Watson are all the Hermanas.  We have a lot of fun with each other.













Since Wednesday, its been hard doing different things.  Learning the Gospel in Spanish and teaching lessons.  Just different things.  Its been hard but so much fun and Testimony building.  We taught an investigator yesterday and today.  I assume she was a member.  But she was role playing.  We taught her about prayer in as much Spanglish as we could.  We invited her to pray about our message and she said yes.  It was good for our first lesson.  We had our follow up with her today and we taught about the love of God for us and how he wants us to return.  And how we can is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  And because of the Atonement we can be with our families for eternity.  She prayed at the end and asked our Heavenly Father is what we shared was true and if tis what she wanted in her life.  We were so happy about it.  It was so awesome!  Today is Sunday and its been so great.  Priesthood Meeting, Sacrament, District Meeting, and Devotional.  Also watched a talk from David A. Bednar about Characteristics of Christ.  It was so good.  I invite you guys to watch it.  Here is a little something in Spanish.  My Purpose as a missionary is to:

Invitar a las Personas
a venir a Cristo
al ayudarlas a que
reciban El Evangelio
restaurado mediante
la fe en Jesucristo y El Expiación
El Arrepentimiento,
El Bautismo
La recepción del don
Del Espíritú Santo hasta el fin.

With faith in Christ I know that I can do all things.  I know that Heavenly Father loves me.  I know the true church of Christ is restored.

I love you.  Hasta Luego

Elder Dawson