Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Week 11 - Tucuman


[This was the second week without a letter from Alec. We had not received an email since November 10. Not receiving an email last week didn't seem too out of the ordinary because we thought it was transfers and sometimes things get a little crazy. But when we didn't hear from him yesterday and today, I was getting concerned; and I didn't want to worry over Thanksgiving. So I sent an email to the Salta Mission Office explaining my concerns and if there would be a way to contact him and then let me know everything is okay. They didn't reply until Wednesday morning and said that he had had problems with his email account, and that he should be emailing later that day. Whew! I was relieved. That was all I needed to hear!]


Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I am sorry that I couldnt write on Monday. I had some problems with my account. I was planning on writing today. I was also told that you had called the offices wondering why. Last week I couldnt write because we went to a tourist place called El Cristo de San Javier. Its a big Christ statue on a big hill. It was really cool. I will send you some pictures. 

I have been doing good. I have no idea how much time it takes for mail to get here. I dont remember if I ever received the pouch mail. I got a letter last week from the Cran´s. Missionaries are still getting packages so I dont know what the deal is. 

I have been told so far that it does get as hot as Frias. But normally Frias is a little hotter. Its more humid in Tucuman. 

I think I will just work until the end of the year when I get home. Just earn a lot of money to help me out with college and getting going an all. I want to go out west for school. I would like to go to BYU or Weber State. A possibility is BYU-I but that’s if I dont go to Utah. I dont want to pay all of the out of state tuition for other schools. I want to work for the year so I can be home for when Logan and Steven get home. It would be great to do something together when were are all back. Allison, Logan, Steven, and I. I would also really like to go out to Utah for when Ben gets back home and to go see Grandma. 

But I will now send you guys some pictures. 

We have transfers this coming Monday but nothing will be happening to me because I have to finish training this transfer.

I love you all a ton! Enjoy the turkey, ham, and all the ham sauce!

Hasta Luego!

Elder Dawson

[Alec and companions went to a tourist place called El Cristo de San Javier in Tucuman - hence why no email on November 17]